Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Taste of Tuesday: Shrimp Kabobs!

AHHH!! I'm back to cooking and it feels SO good! When I put shrimp on my grocery list, I had a completely different meal planned - Shrimp Lasagna! When it came down to actually prepping and cooking, I was over it... It was a nice day and the pool was heated - need I say more?? In comes quick and easy shrimp kabobs with veggies! Grilling out and eating on the patio.. perfection.
 
Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp
- Veggies of your choice
- Skewers 
- Seasoning of your choice (we used Smokey BBQ by Pampered Chef)
- Steamed Rice (optional)
 
Step 1: Gather all ingredients. If you're using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them for at least 30-45 minutes.
Step 2: Peel shrimp and lay them out on a paper towel to dry. Then season both sides and set aside.
Step 3: Chop veggies.
 
Step 4: Combine shrimp and veggies on the skewers.
Step 5: Place on grill for about 3-5 minutes each side (depending on how hot your grill is set).
 
Step 6: Remove the skewers and serve with rice. Enjoy!
 
This was such an easy meal to make and SO healthy! If you're not a fan of shrimp, this can easily be replaced with chicken or beef!!
 
Want to Join Us?! YAY! Just follow these simple steps:
{E-Mail us for co-hosting opportunities!!}

1. Follow Ashley and I on Bloglovin'.
2. Post a recipe, picture of your meal, favorite restaurant or anything food related! {Please link directly to your post, not your blog’s homepage}

3. Grab our button below and link back to our blogs.
4. Go meet some new friends and find some new recipes or restaurants to try!


 Help us promote our new link up!  
Use the hash tag #tasteoftuesday on Instagram and Twitter and tag us! (IG: @ambarnhill and @jessicaselie) (Twitter @ambarnhill114 and @jessicaselie).  Oh! And if you tag us, we’ll re-tweet you! :)


Hope y'all are having a great week so far!

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Looks great! Especially the zucchini and squash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I LOVE kabobs! They are the perfect pool meal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! Love when the weather cooperates and let's you grill out! Will have to try this with chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love squash and zucchini! It's one of Jordan's favorite things to eat. I wish we had a grill so we could grill kabobs like this. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this looks sooo yummy and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. squash and zuchinni are about the only veggies I eat;) haha I will make the shrimp version for Wiki and swap in beef for myself. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM. I love making stuff like this on the grill during the summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I registered for one of those veggies baskets!! I need someone to get it for me ASAP. Also, those kabobs? perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh YUM! This looks so good, Jessica! I'm late linking up this week! Thanks for hosting! Hope you have a great rest of your week. :)

    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! I don't even like shrimp but I think I'd like those babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE everything about this meal!!! Looks so delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love kabobs! So fun! I think they also fool you into eating less when you think you're eating more lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have nominated you for the Liebster Award! (: See my blog for details! Cant wait to read your reply!

    ReplyDelete